Friday, May 16, 2008

A friend's pledge

A friend's pledge to Mom.

I'm here when you wake,
And here when you sleep.

I'm happy when you arrive,
And sad when you leave.

I will walk by your side at the blink of an eye,
Run an errand or two, and snuggle--no lie.

And if a dinner companion is your desire,
I will sit by your side for more than an hour.

This pledge I make to thee to death do us part
And with this slurp I give you my heart.

All our love,
Heidi, Journey, Rosemary, Lola, Witty

P.S. This is for you A04. The closest we get to a costume. Lola is donning her apron in hopes for more shrimp.

5 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Ahhhhhhh!
Khute!!

And soooo furry khool!!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

The Daily Echo said...

Mom loves that poem! We protest vigorously against any type of costume but aprons are acceptable because aprons = food, and food is good!
ECHO

The Army of Four said...

Woo, what a great poem! I really like that. The "sad when you leave" part was almost too much. I can't STAND it when my mom goes somewhere without me!
Luv,
Dave
PS: SHRIMP!?!? Did you GET SHRIMP?!?! I'd wear a pink apron for SHRIMP!

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

That is so sweet!

Steve and Kat

Kapp pack said...

We took the pledge too! Now we want some shrimp!

Woo woo, KA