Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A quiet day at the ranch


Journey here. I've managed to push away all those females nudging for the keyboard. You have no idea how difficult a task that is. But I have been getting in shape by lifting weights. See me!

The females way out number us guys in our household. Witty Kitty claims he helps keep the gals in check, but I think that must be in his dreams. Don't let the girls know I said this, but I'm amazed how well they all get along. Three girls in addition to Mom is an awful lot of estrogen in a tiny little house, but I digress.

Here's Witty helping out.
Yes, we can always count on Witty!
He claims to be resting up to do battle with any mouse that might happen into the house tonight. Who's buying that? We can't even get him to play with a toy. Well, do what you do best, Witty.

Of course, I have to admit that Lola does keep Witty on his toes. She still can't resist the urge to make Witty change rooms every once in awhile. To hear Lola tell it, she just wants to make sure Witty keeps his whits about him. We seem to have a difference in communication styles!

We are still waiting for a little snow down here. For the first time that I can remember, we've had no snow or ice this year. It's a good thing we're a far cry from the Polar Bears. But, we were reading a Defenders of Wildlife article indicating that the bears are having a difficult time with the ice melting. Lola volunteered to open the refrigerators again. Heavy sigh!

We'll check you cool cats later. Hey it's an expression (a rather old expression, but an expression none the less).

Woof to you.

Journey

2 comments:

Ferndoggle said...

Journey, I feel your pain...totally. We don't need any more stinkin' girls around here.

Sherman

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Whoa, Journey! Pumping iron! The ladies you meet on your walks are totally going to want to be your Valentine!

Steve

PS. We gave you all an award on our blog.